Greetings and Welcome to Oak Hill Studio dolls. I create entirely hand made original dolls from various mediums inspired by the Victorian era, mourning, cemeteries, and 19th Century spirits.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dolls Getting Dressed


Here is the Madame Marie Helene before she found her wig and gown. Please forgive the poor quality of the photo. I was working into the night without any light. When I began working on Madame I created a head, body and arms from paper clay and then applied her make-up with paint, pencil, and charcoal to give her cheeks a slight blush. Courtesans do need to be painted you know. Then she needed to have poseable legs which are batting formed over wire and covered with her white cotton pantaloons. You can see that my studio gets quite cluttered when I am working on one of my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment